Friday, October 19, 2012

Freezer Crunchy PB-Chocolate Bites


Internet is a great thing... Yesterday a friend of mine posted on FB the link to a mock butterfingers recipe found on chocolatecoveredkatie.com (you can find it here! :-)) and it inspired me to make this version with my own twist...
See, the original is made with peanut butter and then an optional layer of chocolate on top... I took the lazy route and used Chocolate Peanut Butter instead!

So here goes:

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup Agave syrup
* 1 tbsp Molasses
* 1 cup Chocolate Peanut Butter (I used "Dark Chocolate Dreams" from Peanut Butter & Co *)
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups GF cornflakes*

Directions:

Heat the agave and molasses in a saucepan till boiling. Remove from the fire and mix the PB and vanilla in. Once it is smooth and well incorporated, add the cornflakes in there and mix with a wooden spoon, crushing the cf to your liking (I left some big pieces as it gets crunchier this way).
Dump little mounts on a tray covered with wax paper (using 2 spoons), and put in the freezer till solid. I left them in the freezer afterwards in an airtight container, that way they stay hard. (the pic above is right before they went in). I don't think they will have time to turn bad anyway... ;-)

These are delicious!! Not exactly low in calories but at least all natural ingredients... :-)

* I find the chocolate peanut butter at my local Walmart
* I think the GF cornflakes are harder and crunchier than regular ones and don't get soggy as easily, which made for very crunchy bites! yum! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment