Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin/brown rice bread (for breadmachine)



OK so I made this bread in a bread machine and I have no clue if it would come out good with conventional method but if someone tries out please let me know!...
I came up with the recipe because I was out of applesauce but had pumpkin puree in my pantry so I transformed the recipe starting from there and made this new one. :-)

Ingredients:

* 4 eggs
* 3/4 cup rice milk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
* 2 Tbsp GF molasses
* 1/2 cup cooked (and cooled down) brown rice
* 2 Tbsp canola Oil
* 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
* 1/2 cup GF oat flour (if you are sensitive to oat replace with brown rice flour)
* 1/2 cup potato starch
* 1/2 cup tapioca starch
* 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tsp xanthan gum
* 2 1/2 tsp yeast
* 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spices

Directions:

Add ingredients in the breadmachine, following manufacturer directions, (usually starting with liquids and finishing with the yeast on top).
Bake on a classic cycle.

(when I came in the kitchen this morning my 3 1/2 years old had dug a little crater into the bread, I'll take that as a seal of approval... ;-))


No comments:

Post a Comment