Monday, October 1, 2012

Waffles





This is a recipe for waffles that I figured out by adapting the recipe that came with the waffle maker to make it GFCF and to my son Noah's taste. I freeze them and reheat them by putting them a few minutes in the toaster oven.
I often make my waffles with GF beer or hard cider instead of milk substitute. It's how we do it in France, it  lifts the dough and gives the most delicious flavor... :-)


Ingredients
- 2 cups flour (GFCF mix or rice flour*)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use 1/4 cup because my sons eat those plain)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk substitute (I use flax or rice milk, or GF beer)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 x-tra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 - optional : 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
                  3 tablespoons rice bran

Directions:
Mix the wet ingredients, then add the dry ones, finishing with the baking powder.

(* A mix including some starches (potato starch or tapioca starch) gives better results than just rice flour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment